Saturday, January 29, 2011

Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats

Since I have had a bit of a sweet tooth lately and no way to satisfy it, I decided that this week I would make up some Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats for everyone.  These were totally not gluten-free, but they satisfied that sweets craving that I have been having.

Rainbow Rice Krispie Treats
1 bag mini marshmallows
1/4 cup dairy free butter
1 small box Fruity Pebbles (you could substitute GF rice cereal, or any cereal really depending on what taste you want)

Melt together marshmallows and butter over low heat.  When fully melted take off heat and stir in cereal.  Turn into greased 9x12 pan, and flatten down the top with a greased piece of plastic wrap or some parchment paper.  Wait until cooled then enjoy!

We seem to forget about the best treats from our childhood it seems - how often have you made Rice Krispie Treats lately?  I think I want to make the butterscotch/chocolate ones next.  And maybe some of those chocolately chex mix things.  Oh man.  Now I'm going to be craving sweets again all day...

No comments:

Post a Comment